With more than 20 years of litigation experience, Ms. Mamta Rani Jha is the Senior Partner and currently head the litigation and opposition practice at Inttl Advocare. A Gold Medalist in B.Sc. (Hons), her expertise lies in advising and strategizing effective enforcement of patents, trademarks, designs, copyrights and issues involving AI, NFT, Blockchain, before courts, Patent Office and other regulatory forum.
Mamta represents leading global pharmaceutical, FMCG, Alcobev, Fashion, Media & Entertainment, Automobile, IT & Tech companies, electronics and telecom giants, etc. in over 500 litigation cases, which have pioneered IP jurisprudence in India and clarified key areas of IP laws. She is also actively involved in advocacy measures before international and national organizations, legislative and Regulatory authorities which grant her the flexibility and holistic experience to further IP law issues, in line with the developments across the globe. Apart from litigation, she actively advises clients on IP licensing, auditing, contract drafting and negotiation, business venture evaluation and due diligence, anti-counterfeiting and border-control measures.
Mamta has a rich background in the field of science and is a Gold Medalist in B.Sc. (Zoology). She is a regular speaker at various IP fora. She has also authored several articles on emerging and contentious IPR issues. She had the privilege of authoring the India Chapter of the AIPPI- Wolters-Kluwer practitioners' guide to antibody patenting.
She is an active member at various international IP associations such as AIPPI, APAA, INTA, Marques and participates in the IACC & GIPC Conference.
She is a member of the Anti-Counterfeiting Committee of India Group of APAA. She was the Chairperson of the Oppositions & Cancellations Sub-Committee of INTA's Enforcement Committee for 2020-2021.
Awards and Recognitions
- Recognised among the Star Women Lawyer of the Year by Legal Era - Legal Media Group - Women in Law Excellence Awards 2022.
- Shortlisted as a finalist for the Women in Business Law Awards APAC in the following categories: Patent Lawyer of the Year, Information Communication Technology Lawyer of the Year and Copyright Lawyer of the Year
- Recognized as 'Patent Star' by Managing IP STARS in their 2022 rankings.
- Awarded as the 'Tech Lawyer of the Year' by BW Legal World
- Enlisted in the Forbes Legal Powerlist 2021 as one of the 'Top Individual Lawyers' (Above 10 years - Experience) for the Intellectual Property Rights practice area.
- Recognized by WTR1000 as a recommended individual in 'enforcement and Litigation' in its 2022 edition.
- Recognized amongst Top 100 IP Practitioners in India by AsiaIP.
- Recognized in the list of India Top IP Lawyers, 2021 by Asian Legal Business.
- Nominated as a finalist in the categories - Litigator of the Year (India and the Middle East) and Thought Leader of the Year (India and the Middle East) - for the inaugural ALB (Asian Legal Business) Women in Law Awards, 2021.
- Recognized as 'Patent Star' by Managing IP STARS in their 2021 rankings.
- Ranked amongst 'Individual: Enforcement and Litigation by World Trademark Review (WTR 1000), 2021.
- Recognized as Woman Lawyer of the Era by Insight Success Media in their magazine which covers the "The 10 Most Influential Women Lawyers to Watch".
- Included in the prestigious list of WIPF Powerful Indian Women in IP 2021, released by World Intellectual Property Forum.
- Recognised among the Star Women Lawyer of the Year by Legal Era - Legal Media Group - Women in Law Excellence Awards 2021.
- Recognized among the winners of 3rd Annual Legal Era Women in Law Excellence Awards 2021.
- Enlisted in the Forbes Legal Powerlist 2020 as one of the 'Top Individual Lawyers' (Above 10 years - Experience) for the Intellectual Property Rights practice area.